Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jailbait by Barbara Kasey Smith - a novella

Jailbait by Barbara Kasey Smith
Jailbait is a thriller novella written by the talented Barbara Kasey Smith. The story focuses on a 15-year-old girl, born into a poor coal mining family, who decides to run away from home after getting into an argument with her mother. One bad decision turns into another bad decision and the girl ends up getting kidnapped, in turn becoming "jailbait." Realizing that running away from home was a mistake, the girl tries to escape but, no matter what she tries to do, it is all in vain... It seems like she will never get to see her family again... 

Interested to find out what happens? Pick up a copy of Jailbait today.

It is definitely a book worth reading. It opens your eyes to the cruel things that can happen to young girls and daughters.  


1 comment:

  1. This book sheds light on something that goes on in today's society, which is teenage girls choosing to run away from home and teenage girls getting kidnapped and tortured. You get a real account of what can happen to someone being kidnapped. Nothing in the book is sugar coated.

    Reading this book I found myself being drawn into the world of the main character and I stayed in that world with her until the very end. I lived with her through everything, through the highs and all the lows. I was deeply touched by her story. And I wanted nothing more than for things to work out in the end... I was rooting for her the whole time.

    Reading this book was a mixture of emotions. At times I was filled with joy and I found myself smiling. At times I was filled with sorrow. Sometimes I was even filled with fear because things were spiraling downward and I wasn't sure if the girl would make it, if the girl would survive. It was a roller coaster of emotions and that is one of the reasons the read was a memorable and enjoyable one.

    I highly recommend this book!!! It's 5 stars for me.

    ReplyDelete